Houston, Houston Criminal Defense Attorney Delivers Winning Results Using Former District Court Chief Prosecutor Experience
Law, like medicine, is a highly-specialized field. There are over 60 broad disciplines, each with approximately 100 sub-categories.
You wouldn’t hire a general family physician for your surgery. Don’t hire a general family attorney to defend you on a DWI, Drug, Weapon, Assault, Fraud or other serious criminal charge in Houston, Harris, Fort Bend, Galveston or surrounding counties.
In a serious criminal charge, with your freedom, reputation, career and family’s well-being at stake, a civil or general attorney won’t have the expertise and connections needed to defend you.
“Will the Real Victim Please Stand Up?”
In many cases, the Defendant is the real victim: In the War on Drugs, it’s often the little guy with the drug problem whom jail does nothing to help. Or the nurse practitioner working for pain clinics, prescribing pain pills for patients according to the protocols of the physician director. In Family Violence, the hapless husband is usually presumed to be the brute, sacrificed to the system at the whim of his wife’s vengeful anger and lies. In DWI’s, pity the poor soul who has a couple beers after a hard days’ work – M.A.D.D. lobbies for zero tolerance to result in the arrest of anyone who drinks and drives – although that’s not against the law – and obtained ridiculous grading standards for sobriety tests which stone-cold sober citizens can’t pass. In Sex Crimes, a willing consort, often the instigator – and a youthful, precocious one at that – need only cry foul play for a thousand ulterior motives and the rest is history – who needs evidence. Laws and the politics behind Houston’s latest hot offenses ~ such as pain clinic cases ~ are complex and fluid, changing every time the Texas Legislature meets. The Haggard Law Firm is up on the latest, fighting their unjust & unintended consequences everywhere possible. We know the politics of the judges & the prevailing mood of jurors toward all types of offenses ~ and we use this knowledge in defending our clients.
Houston Criminal Defense Attorney Carl Haggard understands –
- The changing laws
- The political leanings of the judges & prosecutors of Harris and surrounding counties
- The prevailing mood of jurors toward all types of offenses in Harris and surrounding counties
His sterling reputation for integrity makes him one of Houston’s most-respected criminal defense attorneys.
Houston, Texas Criminal Defense Attorney Carl Haggard is at the forefront of Texas Criminal Defense Attorneys with a history of winning results for clients.
Clients rely on Carl Haggard’s expertise:
- Former Houston Misdemeanor and District Court Chief Prosecutor, Responsible for Training and Supervising Trial Attorneys in D.A.’s Office
- Nationally Certified Mediator-Arbitrator, Triple Certification
- Nationally-Known Author and Speaker on Civil Rights and Constitutional Issues
- Licensed to Practice in all Texas State Courts, United States Federal District Courts, The United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court
- Cum Laude Graduate from Law School
- Former U of H Law Center Adjunct Professor of Law
- Thousands of cases and trials: Misdemeanor, Felonies, Juvenile
Since 1973, Houston-area clients have relied on Houston, Texas Houston Criminal Defense Attorney Carl Haggard for successful defenses in all types of Federal, District, Misdemeanor and Juvenile criminal charges.
~The Haggard Law Firm accepts selected criminal defense cases in Harris, Fort Bend, Galveston, Brazoria, Montgomery, Matagorda and surrounding Texas counties. Affordable representation; payment plans arranged in some cases. We represent clients in all Misdemeanor Courts, Felony Courts, Juvenile Court and Federal Court.~
Copyright © 2010 The Haggard Law Firm